The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted. Postings are listed below or you may call our job line at 423-785-4190. All applications and resumes are maintained on file for one year.
|Apply in person: |
IMAX 3D Theater Center
201 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Monday – Friday, 9:00am - noon and 1:30pm - 4:30pm
|You may also fax or mail a copy of your resume along with a completed application stating the position you are applying for to: |
Attn: Leah Wilson
P.O. Box 11048
Chattanooga, TN 37401-2048
TEEN CONSERVATION COORDINATOR
Recruits, trains, schedules and supervises teenagers and attends to other daily needs of the teen conservation program. Develops and schedules teen conservation gallery programs, summer camps and other programs associated with the Aquarium’s mission. Assists with daily Aquarium operations and special projects. Works with TNACI staff to engage and inspire teenagers. This position works weekends during the school year and some weekends during the summer. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Volunteer Services Manager in recruiting teenagers.
- Trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates teenagers.
- Organizes events, trips and continuing education classes.
- Develops, schedules and manages gallery programs and other programs associated with general audiences.
- Develops and teaches special programs including teen programs and summer camp.
- Develops and teaches school and community conservation programs.
- Responsible for the overall success of the teen conservation program.
- Responsible for developing written and digital communications to include newsletters, training manuals and other printed materials as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Represents the Education Department and TNACI in interdepartmental meetings, committees and special projects.
Executes and maintains core values and service standards.
- Teaching/program development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to mentor and inspire teens
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological, environmental or educational related field
- Minimum of three years experience in a related field such as teaching or program development, and training and coordinating of volunteers
- Previous experience working with teenagers
- CPR and First Aid License or Certification required
- Indoor and outdoor environments
- Some hot, cold or wet conditions
- Weekend and holiday work
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Leah Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
The Tennessee Aquarium is seeking an energetic individual to perform general cashiering/cash control duties, including reconciling cash drawers plus have the ability to upgrade Aquarium only sales to combination tickets. Must be able to work weekends.
Qualifications: Two years cashiering experience; excellent sales communication skills and ability to be proactive and persuasive in terms of communicating available options and maximizing sales opportunities; excellent math skills; accurate keyboarding; computer literacy; and availability to work a flexible schedule.
General cashiering duties and sales transaction accounting; assisting shop customers; stocking and straightening merchandise and related inventory duties.
GIFT SHOP SALES ASSOCIATE
Qualifications: Two years cashiering experience; a friendly and open manner with people; capacity for “grace under pressure”
Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule.