The Tennessee Aquarium is committed to creating a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and strive for diversity in all jobs and at all levels in the organization. Our policy is to accept applications only for specific job vacancies as posted. Postings are listed below. All applications and resumes are maintained on file for one year.
|Apply in person: |
IMAX 3D Theater Center
201 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. - noon &
1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|You may also fax or mail a copy of your resume along with a completed application stating the position you are applying for to: |
Attn: Leah Wilson
P.O. Box 11048
Chattanooga, TN 37401-2048
Fax: (423)756-1849 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no full-time positions open at this time.
PART-TIME / SEASONAL:
Visitor Services Associate
Provide an excellent level of customer caring by anticipating and meeting the needs of all our visitors.
- Must provide a high level of customer caring by greeting and assisting all guests of the Aquarium and IMAX.
- Must have a working knowledge and ability to execute each critical post of the Aquarium and /or IMAX floor operations.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with visitors and staff.
- Ensure the safe, smooth and even flow of visitors through the Aquarium and IMAX Theater.
- Must have ability to provide service recovery during episodes of customer sacrifice.
- Provide assistance during emergency situations ensuring the safety of visitors and staff.
- Ability to communicate via two-way radio.
- Execute and maintain Core Values and Service Standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Exceptional customer service and recovery skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Positive attitude with guests and co-workers at all times
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Walking, climbing stairs, and some lifting
Reports to Housekeeping Services Supervisor. Duties include general cleaning, grounds-keeping, floor maintenance, carpet and upholstery care, cleaning of walls, glass, mirrors, acrylic, ceilings and other surfaces, trash removal, and stocking of supplies for the Aquarium and IMAX facilities.
- Basic education and communication skills required; experience with floor care and other cleaning equipment preferred.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Part-Time Hourly; Second Shift