Applications due by Monday, Sept. 23, 2013
Docents have the best fish tales in town. Docents are stationed throughout the Aquarium galleries to share information about the habitats, animals and plants. As a docent, you will be equipped with interesting and fun facts that will impress any visitor. Docent shifts are available Monday thru Sunday, 9:30 am - 2 pm or 1:30 pm to 6 pm. We especially need weekend docents!
Docent volunteers should:
- Be enthusiastic and cheerful
- Have good oral communication skills
- Have an interest in working with the public, animals, plants, habitats or the environment
- Be available to work one 4½ hour shifts once a week
- Be at least 18 years old
- Requires standing and walking through building
- Answer questions as visitors tour the Aquarium
- Interpreting exhibits and the habitats and explaining exhibit animals and plants
- Sharing an environmental message to the general public that stresses the interconnectedness of all living things and the importance of stewardship
- Extending hospitality to visitors touring the Tennessee Aquarium
- Attend all 8 training sessions on Tuesday evenings beginning Oct. 1, 2013 from 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Complete an AquaAssement at the conclusion of the training course
- Two 4½ hour shifts are available each day, from 9:30 am -2 pm or 1:30 pm - 6 pm seven days a week
- We especially need weekend volunteers!
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please print and complete the volunteer application
and send to us. We will contact you to set up an interview.