On May 1, 1992, Chattanooga came together as the Tennessee Aquarium opened its doors, igniting the “Renaissance on the River.”
To celebrate 30 wonderful years, the public is invited to a Riverfront Celebration on Saturday, April 30th. The Aquarium is partnering with the Walk Run Pedal Jamz Festival® to offer a lineup of family activities, music, and fireworks to mark this milestone.
8:00 am: Athletic events begin on the Chattanooga Green, including a 30-minute walk, run, and 30k bike ride. Visit the Walk Run Pedal Jamz Festival® website for more information or register here.
10:00 am: The Chattanooga River Market begins on the Aquarium Plaza
10:00 am: Family activities begin on the Chattanooga Green
11:00 am: Food trucks and musical performances begin on the Chattanooga Green
9:00 pm: Fireworks
Participating Food Trucks on the Chattanooga Green (beginning at 11 am)
Cart & Seoul
The Cupcake Club
Windy City Eatz
Auntie Anne’s Pretzel
Bruster’s Real Ice Cream
Greg’s Southern Soul
Street Quesadilla Food Truck
Additional Activities on the Chattanooga Green
- Aquatic-themed scratch art crafts, giveaways, and a sidewalk chalk station from the Tennessee Aquarium from 10:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Cornhole games from 10 am to 8:30 pm, with giveaways throughout the day from the Chattanooga Tourism Company
- Animal enrichment station with the The Humane Society and adoptable dogs from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Free face painting by Face painting by Deb from 11:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Reading bus and book giveaways provided by Read 20 from 12:00 to 8:00 pm
- Soccer activation with the Chattanooga Football Club from 2:00-8:00 pm
- Meet Belluna Butterfly and Water Goddess from Playful Evolving Monsters from 2:00-5:00 pm
- Chattanooga School of Language will be onsite from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm to share information on their summer language programming for kids and adults.
- Chattanooga Coke will offer free samples of Starlight beginning at 11:00 am.
- The Creative Discovery Museum will be onsite with play-based, hands-on STEAM activities for children and families from 12:00 to 6:00 pm.
- Join in the fun with hands-on painting with artist Kevin Bate from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation will be onsite from noon to 6 pm with giveaways and appearances by their mascot “Trashquatch.”
- The Aquarium Shop will have a mobile store with souvenirs for purchase from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- 3:00 pm – Live painting demo with artist Andrew Travis on the Chattanooga Green
- 2:00 – 5:00 pm – ArtsBuild will offer a coloring station.
*All activities are Eastern Time
The Riverfront Celebration is free to the public and presented by the Chattanooga Tourism Company, River City Company, The Tennessee Aquarium, and the Walk, Run, Pedal Jamz Festival®.
11:00AM – Robin Baker
12:30PM – Sydney and Brayden Guerrette
2:00PM – Stephy J Moore
3:30PM – Tiffany Coleman
4:30PM – Jonny Lucas
6:00PM – Willie Kitchens featuring Jasmine Le’Shea
7:45PM – Sera Hill
8:20PM – Chris Blue