The Tennessee Aquarium IMAX Theater’s return to operation on Friday, July 17 will be accompanied by new measures with the safety of our guests in mind.
These protocols are in line with the Aquarium’s phased reopening plan based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and in alignment with state and local reopening guidelines.
- All guests admitted to an IMAX film will be required to wear a mask or other protective face covering in compliance with guidelines from the Hamilton County Health Department. Masks will be available at an affordable price at the theater if anyone arrives without a face covering.
- To ensure guests are able to maintain adequate physical distance between themselves and other guests in the 400-seat theater, each screening will have an audience cap of 65 viewers.
- Guests will enter and exit the theater through different entrances. Families may sit next to each other, but unrelated groups will be spaced at least three seats apart and on every other row.
- The theater schedule will include six daily screenings beginning at noon with a final showing at 6:15 p.m. This schedule ensures housekeeping staff have adequate time to sanitize the theater between films as part of a generally increased cleaning schedule for the entire facility.
- During the closure, additional hand sanitizing stations were installed, with emphasis placed on entrances, exits and other high-traffic areas.