Operations volunteers will be exposed to many of the operations at the Tennessee Aquarium from managing building operations such as HVAC in all five Aquarium buildings to the life support in River Journey and Ocean Journey. Training on how the equipment works and what it services will be provided as the volunteer shadows Operations staff and ultimately will lead to the volunteer gaining hands –on experience while assisting the operator with their tasks.
LSS Operations Volunteers should:
• be prompt and reliable
• be at least 18 years of age
• be willing to follow very specific instructions
• commit to a volunteer schedule once a week or once every other week
• able to lift up to 50lbs and walk
• work in tight/cramped conditions in various climates
• ability to climb ladders
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
• Make rounds checking equipment and operating the equipment as necessary
• Assist the operators in their jobs
• Training will consist of shadowing the operator for the specific routine
• Volunteers will be asked to volunteer once a week or every other week on an agreed schedule in the morning or afternoon shift for about 3 hours.
• Commit to one full year of service.