Here you will find the latest information on our response to COVID-19.
*Mask Policy – Updated March 1, 2022*
Masks are not currently required for guests or Aquarium staff. However, masks are strongly recommended for everyone in public indoor spaces -including the Aquarium’s buildings and the Tennessee Aquarium IMAX 3D Theater.
We will continue to maintain capacity limits each hour at the Aquarium to help maintain proper physical distancing within our galleries. In addition, the audience size at IMAX will be limited to 65% of theater capacity. Therefore, timed-entry tickets will still be required.
The Tennessee Aquarium continues to monitor covid data and safety guidance provided by local, state, and federal health experts. We may modify our health and safety policies based on future official guidance.
- The Aquarium is currently limiting the number of guests allowed to visit each day.
- Timed–entry tickets are required for Aquarium visitors and are available online.
- Timed entry tickets can be secured in 30-minute blocks. Guests must arrive within their scheduled time block to be admitted. Once inside, guests can tour at their normal pace. (It typically takes a total of 2 to 2 ½ hours to tour both Aquarium buildings.)
- The Tennessee Aquarium is located – and tickets are sold – in the Eastern time zone.
- Group size is limited to no more than 10 guests.
- If you have purchased tickets but are unable to use them due to illness, inclement weather or other circumstances, our admissions team is happy to help you reschedule your visit. (Please note: we often experience a high volume of calls and messages on weekends but will assist you as soon as possible – even after the date of your scheduled visit.)
- Our housekeeping staff continues to maintain our excellent standard of cleanliness including regularly disinfecting high touch areas.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the Aquarium, including at the entry, exit, and restrooms.
- UPDATE: Tennessee Aquarium Upgrades HVAC Systems As Another Layer of Safety
- Dive Shows and animal presentations are paused until further notice.
- Restrooms are open and cleaned frequently.
- Wheelchairs are available for rent and disinfected before each rental.
- Sensory bags are available for checkout (free of charge). Bags and sensory items will be disinfected between each use.
- Drinking fountains are unavailable, but touchless water bottle refill stations are provided.
- The Snack Island concession stand will be open outside the River Journey exit.
IMAX Safety Info
- To ensure adequate physical distance in the 400-seat theater, audience size will be limited to 65% of theater capacity.
- The film schedule includes time to clean the theater between showtimes.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at entrances, exits and other high-traffic areas.
Help us keep each other safe and healthy with this self-assessment:
Before coming to the Tennessee Aquarium, answer this self-assessment honestly. If you answer ‘Yes’ to any of the following questions, do not visit the Aquarium. We will be happy to issue you a rain check for another date. Thank you for doing your part to keep everyone safe.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you experienced a loss of taste or smell recently?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Have you had any chills or shaking?
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our guests, and employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Tennessee Aquarium.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the Tennessee Aquarium, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.