Did you know that lemurs can sleep 16 hours per day? Or that octopuses can change color in their sleep? Learn more about how we care for our animals, such as lemurs, octopus, and sharks as we Sleep in the Deep! This overnight program includes a guided program of our aquatic critters, a chance to meet an animal ambassador, evening snack, and Scavenger Hunt After-Dark. Grab your paw-jamas and join us as we snuggle beside stingrays and sturgeons and enjoy a light breakfast in the morning.
A Standard Sleep in the Deep program includes a guided program with an aquarium educator, an evening snack, Scavenger Hunt After-Dark, and light breakfast. The VIP Experience Add-On extends your morning with us and allows for a behind-the-scenes look as we help wake up the wildlife.
Standard Overnight: $75 per participant (minimum of 20 participants are required in order to book)
VIP Overnight: $95 per participant (minimum of 20 participants are required in order to book)
Note: Overnight pricing does not include admission to the Aquarium the following day. Payment for a minimum of 20 people is required in order to book a private overnight. To request a date for your private overnight, please fill out the reservation form. Completing the form does not guarantee booking of an overnight.
Looking for Title I pricing? Please email Shawn Brim.
Know Before You Go
Check-Out: Check your confirmation packet for your Check-Out time.
Group Size: There is a minimum number of 20 participants that are required to complete an overnight. We ask for a minimum of one adult (18+) per 10 children.
Age Requirement: All participants must be ages 6+; we ask for a minimum of one adult (18+) per 10 children.
What to Bring:
- Completed waivers, participants under 18 will need a waiver signed by a parent or guardian (waivers must be completed and signed in order to participate in an overnight)
- Closed-toed shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Twin-sized sleeping bag, pillow, and blanket (due to limited electrical outlets we ask that you do not bring air mattresses)
- Toothbrush & toiletries
- Pajamas & change of clothes for the next day
- Your eagerness for a safe and fun overnight adventure!
Cameras and a maximum of one stuffed animal are optional. Battery-operated chargers are allowed for phones only. Self-inflating, twin-sized air mattresses that do not require a plug are allowed, although you may be asked to sleep in an alternate location.
What Not to Bring:
- Your handheld electronic devices
- Your crocs & flip flops
- Your flashlight
Once payment is submitted, a confirmation email will be sent that will include a detailed waiver for all participants to sign. It will also include a list of items allowed and permitted during the Sleep in the Deep program.
Aquarium education programs are following CDC recommendations for schools. This means that indoor mask requirements will be determined by current covid community transmission levels. When COVID transmission levels are green or yellow, masks will not be required for Sleep in the Deep programs. At red levels, masks will be required indoors for all Sleep in the Deep programs regardless of vaccination status. You can check community transmission levels at this website: COVID-19 by County.
All participants are required to complete a waiver and brief wellness self-assessment prior to their program date.
Some areas during the program may not be fully accessible due to loud sounds, bright or low lighting, uneven terrain and/or tight spaces. Please contact our Education Department at 423-785-4072 or firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information pertaining to accessibility accommodations and allergy concerns.
- In order to book a private overnight, payment for a minimum of 20 participants is required.
- All participants must be ages 6+, with a minimum of one adult (18+) per 10 children.
- No reservations can be made within 14 days of the program.
- For groups bigger than 40 participants, contact our Education Department at 423-785-4072 or email@example.com.
- The Aquarium reserves the right to cancel. If the Aquarium cancels a scheduled Sleep in the Deep program, participants will be notified and offered a full refund or an opportunity to reschedule.
- No refunds for cancellations made less than 14 days prior to program start date.
- Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the program will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations may be done via phone at 423-785-4072 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Rescheduling requests less than 14 days prior to program start date will incur a 10% rescheduling fee.
Don’t see an answer to your question here? Read our Sleep in the Deep FAQs.
Download the Sleep in the Deep Protocols and Guidelines waiver.
Have additional questions? Please email Shawn Brim at email@example.com.