Have you ever wondered how the Aquarium begins the day?
Well, say “Good morning!” to some of the amazing animals at the Tennessee Aquarium with Deeper Dives: A Guided Tour. Immerse yourself in the beauty and wonder of the Aquarium before the doors even open and greet the day alongside our animals and animal care staff.
An Aquarium educator will lead you and your party through River Journey and Ocean Journey for an exclusive 1.5 hour tour that takes place before opening. Experience the Tennessee Aquarium like never before as you peek behind the scenes to see how the animals are cared for each morning and visit exhibits alongside a knowledgeable tour guide.
Set your alarm clock, and experience the magic of mornings here at the Tennessee Aquarium!
Know before you go
Price: $85 non-members (includes admission) / $40 members
Days and Times: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings (start times vary by day – check registration link for dates and times)
Age Requirements: All participants must be at least 8 years old. Participants between the ages of 8-17 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Group Size: Deeper Dives are limited to a total of 8 guests. A minimum of 2 participants is required to book a tour.
Aquarium education programs are following CDC recommendations for schools. This means that indoor mask requirements will be determined by current covid community transmission levels. When transmission levels are at green or yellow, masks will not be required for Deeper Dives tours. At red levels, masks will be required indoors for all Deeper Dives tours regardless of vaccination status. You can check community transmission levels at this website: COVID-19 by County.
All participants are required to complete a waiver and brief wellness self-assessment prior to their tour date.
Some areas during the tour may not be fully accessible due to loud sounds, bright or low lighting, uneven terrain and/or tight spaces. Please contact our Education Department at (423-785-4062) or (email@example.com) for specific information pertaining to accessibility accommodations and allergy concerns.
Getting ready for your tour
- All participants must wear comfortable closed-toe shoes.
- Plan to arrive ten minutes before your designated start time at the River Journey building.
- In order to participate in the tour, a waiver will need to be signed by every participant prior to the program. Participants between the ages of 8 and 17 will need a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- A minimum of 2 participants are required to book tour.
- The Aquarium reserves the right to cancel. In the event that the Aquarium cancels program, participants will be notified and offered a full refund or an opportunity to reschedule.
- No refunds for cancellations made less than 7 days prior to program start date.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days prior to the program will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations may be done via phone at 423-785-4062 or by email.
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Rescheduling requests less than 7 days prior to program start date will incur a 10% rescheduling fee.