Please note: The application process for Aquarium volunteers is currently closed.
Join the Volunteer Enrichment program and share the Tennessee Aquarium’s mission to connect people with nature and empower them to make informed decisions about water and wildlife.
Husbandry volunteers assist Aquarium experts with food prep, exhibit maintenance and other aspects of animal care. Husbandry volunteer positions include:
- Animal Care Assistant
- Food prep chef
- Penguin volunteer
- Enrichment Volunteer (see below)
Enrichment Volunteers are part of the husbandry volunteer staff and are responsible for helping with the upkeep of the enrichment room and assisting husbandry staff with the creation of safe, engaging enrichment objects for a wide range of Aquarium animals.
- Must be at 18 years old
- Dependable and can adhere to Aquarium policies
- Be creative and willing to work on many different types of enrichment projects
- At least a one year commitment
- Volunteer weekly or bi-weekly